Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chicken & Rice Wraps

I've gotten some comments about how I left out the recipe for the Chicken & Rice Wraps on my Freezer Meals 101 post. Somehow that got skipped in the compilations, so here it is -

I made a large batch of rice (maybe 3 cups dry rice), added in 3 shredded chicken breasts, and seasoned the mixture with some taco seasoning and a few large spoonfuls of salsa. Place a blop/dollop/spoonful (you get the point) of the mixture into the center of a tortilla and roll.

Voila!

Of course, you can season the whole thing any way you'd like - I love that this recipe is so versatile! To freeze, wrap in foil & store in a big plastic bag. To reheat, unwrap the wrap & rewrap (gee, there's a lot of wrapping involved) loosely in a paper towel. Heat at 10% power for 45 sec - 1 min, then on full for 2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment