Saturday, March 3, 2012

Freezer Meal 101 - Shopping List

If you didn't come here for the freezer meal post, you probably came for the shopping list!
I've gotten SO many requests for the quick list of ingredients to make all these recipes.


You asked, I listened -



Freezer Meals 101 Shopping List

Supplies:
* 1 roll heavy duty aluminum foil
* Approx 30 gallon-size baggies
* Saran wrap

Meat:
* 10lb bag of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approx 12 breasts)
* 3lb Italian sausage
* 3lb ground turkey
* 7lb ground beef
* 6-8lb pork shoulder

Produce:
* 5 white onions
* 4 stalks of celery
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 3 zucchini
* 2 bunches of basil (can use dried if preferred)
* 1 bunch of parsley (can use dried if preferred)
* 3 green bell peppers
* 1 red bell pepper
* 3 sweet potatoes
* 1 bunch green onions

Canned Goods:
* 204oz tomato sauce (if you're near a Costco, I bought 2 of the giant cans)
* 90oz black beans
* 30oz corn
* 32oz tomato paste
* 30oz cream of mushroom soup
* 30 oz enchilada sauce
* 15 oz diced tomatoes

Pasta/Bread:
* 1 large bag egg noodles
* 1 small package thin spaghetti
* Tortillas (approx 60-70 - I got 2 large packages from Costco)
* 1lb ziti
* 1 package white rice

Other:
* 2 packets chili seasoning
* 26oz spaghetti sauce
* 30oz beef broth
* 4oz jar pimentos
* 2C cheddar cheese (I believe I bought an 8oz bar)
* 12oz dry stuffing
* Bread crumbs
* 3 dozen eggs
* 1 bottle BBQ sauce
* Worchestire sauce
* Small jar salsa
* 1lb cottage cheese
* Parmesan cheese

Seasonings: (I had most of these in my cupboard, but I'll include them just in case)
* Cornstarch
* Milk
* Garlic Salt
* Onion Powder
* Mustard Powder
* Chili Powder
* Brown Sugar
* Paprika
* Cumin
* Cayenne
* Seasoned Salt
* Oregano
* Sugar
* Taco Seasoning
* Salt & Pepper

3 comments:

  1. I didnt see the recipe for the chicken and rice burritos for lunch but the ingredients are listed. Can I get that recipe???
    This is awesome! I am so doing this to make it through the busy summer months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://projectsofsorts.blogspot.com/2012/04/chicken-rice-wraps.html

    ReplyDelete