Saturday, March 3, 2012

Oliver's Room

When we bought our house, I sent some pictures to my mother-in-law. Her first question - you're not leaving it that color are you? She knows I can't do white (or tannish-iced-coffee-like) for long. We'd just finished painting the old house back to white for our landlords, I was 5 months pregnant, and it was the middle of summer in Las Vegas... painting the nearly 2,000 square feet was NOT on my list of things to do. However, I really can't deny my love of paint, so we made it until September and the paint came out. Yeah it was cooler, but navigating step stools and drop cloths at 7+ months pregnant is a slightly entertaining sight!


The before shot...

We got this dresser from my sister-in-law. She used it for herself as well as her daughters. I tried sanding it down by hand, but it was too hot & I was too frustrated. So my husband took out the power sander and took it down to the wood. Thanks, dear!

A couple of coats of bright red paint and a spray of gloss later, we're almost done with the toolbox dresser.

Add a matching red chair, and some cars decorations...

Notice the now finished dresser, complete with Craftsman emblem. It took awhile to get the dresser completely finished - it involved a trip into California for a visit to IKEA for the perfect drawer handles.

We love the result - simple & fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment